Friday, March 5, 2010

twentysomething.

Dear everyone,
Yesterday was my birthday, and in honour of me managing to live this long without somehow choking to death on a shoelace, I am giving you a gift. The gift of more drawings by me.



Now I am going to tell you something exciting.

Earlier this week, Magda and I formulated a sort of drawing tournament-- a draw-off, if you will. In the spirit of our last sketchbook challenge (see below), the permeating theme is warped and distorted animals. Here are the rules (oh yes, I made rules. Cartoons are serious business, you know):

The tournament will occur throughout all of next week. Each day both participants will post their respective doodles depicting a particular animal assigned to that day of the week. The schedule is:
• MONDAY - Bear
• TUESDAY - Pig
• WEDNESDAY - Fish
• THURSDAY - Hippopotamus
• FRIDAY - Sloth
• SATURDAY - Raccoon
• And on SUNDAY participants will create a mash-up; A cross between any two of the aforementioned beasts. A genetic abomination. A beastly amalgamation that would offend the very nature of existence. A totally awesome monster.

So it seems we all have something to look forward to in the coming week.
I'll see you very soon, and a happy belated birthday to myself!

-Lucas